renovation (n.) /ren.əˈveɪ.ʃən/
the action or process of reparing and improving something, especially a building
We use the passive voice when the person, animal, or thing that performs or performed an action is unimportant, unknown or not necessary.
The passive is formed using be + past participle verb (verb 3).
The passive voice is often used to talk about renovations such as the one above.
TASK: Make 8 sentences using the passive voice to describe the renovations in the photos above.
- windows / finish
- three windows / put in the dividing wall
- all walls / paint white
- spotlights / install
- a wooden floor / lay
- kitchen cupboards / fit
- building equipment / remove
- the floor / vacuum
- The windows have been finished.
- Three windows have been put in the dividing wall.
- All walls have been painted white.
- Spotlights have been installed.
- A wooden floor has been laid.
- Kitchen cupboards have been fitted.
- The building equipment has been removed.
- The floor has been vacuumed.